Kathmandu Sightseeing Places:Swayambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple): Begin your adventure with a visit to the iconic Swayambhunath Stupa. This UNESCO World Heritage Site offers breathtaking panoramic views of the Kathmandu Valley and a chance to explore the rich history and culture of Nepal.Boudhanath Stupa: Immerse yourself in the serene ambiance of Boudhanath Stupa, one of the largest stupas in Nepal. This sacred site is a hub of Tibetan Buddhism and a symbol of peace and enlightenment.Pashupatinath Temple: Explore the sacred grounds of Pashupatinath Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva. Witness the fascinating Hindu rituals and cremation ceremonies that take place along the Bagmati River.Kathmandu Durbar Square: Step back in time as you wander through the ancient palaces, temples, and courtyards of Kathmandu Durbar Square, a living museum of Nepali art and architecture.
During your Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour, we ensure your comfort and convenience with carefully selected accommodations. In Kathmandu, you'll stay in well-appointed hotels that offer modern amenities and a welcoming atmosphere, allowing you to unwind after a day of exploration. In Chitwan, our lodgings are nestled within the lush jungle surroundings, providing a unique and immersive experience. These accommodations not only offer comfort but also blend seamlessly with the natural beauty of Chitwan National Park. You can expect cozy rooms, delicious cuisine, and attentive service throughout your stay, ensuring a relaxing and enjoyable experience during your Nepal adventure.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1400 meters) and transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Morning Mountain Flight and Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing (Discovery)
Day 03: Drive / Fly to Chitwan (415m) from Kathmandu (1400meters)
Day 04: Full Day Jungle Safari – Elephant Back Ride or Jeep Drive
Day 05: Drive / Fly Back to Kathmandu (1400meters) from Chitwan (415meters)
Day 06: Final Departure
Welcome to the beginning of your remarkable Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour! Your adventure commences upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
As you step off the plane, our dedicated and knowledgeable team will be there to extend a warm welcome. Look out for our distinctive signboard bearing your name, ensuring an effortless rendezvous in the bustling airport. Recognizing the weariness that can accompany travel, we take care of all airport formalities, including visa arrangements if required.
Once your baggage is in hand, we'll swiftly transport you to your cozy Kathmandu hotel. Along the journey, you'll catch your first glimpses of this vibrant city nestled within the breathtaking landscapes of the Kathmandu Valley.
Upon reaching your hotel, you'll have the chance to freshen up and relax, allowing you to adjust to the altitude. In the evening, we'll convene for a brief orientation meeting to discuss the upcoming exciting days, address any queries you might have, and ensure you're fully prepared for the adventure ahead.
For those arriving with extra enthusiasm and time to spare, our guide can offer recommendations for nearby attractions or arrange optional activities, enabling you to maximize your first day in Nepal.
Tonight, enjoy a restful night's sleep, for tomorrow marks the official commencement of your Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour, guiding you through the heart of Nepal's captivating natural beauty and rich cultural heritage.
Embark on an exhilarating adventure on this day of your Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour. In the early morning, we'll take to the skies for a breathtaking mountain flight, a truly awe-inspiring experience. Witness the majestic Himalayan peaks up close, including the world-famous Mount Everest, as they glisten in the morning sun. This flight offers a unique perspective on these towering giants, providing memories to cherish for a lifetime.
After your mountain flight, we'll return to the bustling city of Kathmandu, where you'll embark on a captivating sightseeing tour of the Kathmandu Valley. Our first stop is the historic Kathmandu Durbar Square, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where you'll stroll through ancient palaces, temples, and courtyards, immersing yourself in the rich history and architecture of Nepal.
Next, we'll visit Patan Durbar Square, another UNESCO World Heritage Site, renowned for its intricate woodwork, exquisite architecture, and the ancient Royal Palace. You'll be transported back in time as you explore this cultural gem.
Our journey continues to the iconic Swayambhunath Stupa, affectionately known as the Monkey Temple. This hilltop site offers panoramic views of the Kathmandu Valley and a chance to soak in the spiritual ambiance of this sacred Buddhist site. You'll be captivated by the prayer flags, fluttering in the breeze, and the curious monkeys that give the temple its nickname.
In the afternoon, we'll head to the sacred Pashupatinath Temple, a significant Hindu pilgrimage site. Here, you'll witness the mesmerizing rituals along the banks of the Bagmati River and gain insights into Hindu spirituality and culture.
This day of exploration offers a blend of natural beauty and cultural richness, giving you a deeper understanding of Nepal's diverse heritage. After an eventful day, we'll return to your Kathmandu hotel, where you can relax, reflect on the day's experiences, and prepare for more adventures that await you on your Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour.
Meals: B L D
Prepare for an exciting transition as we depart from the bustling Kathmandu (at 1400 meters above sea level) and journey towards the lush paradise of Chitwan (at 415 meters above sea level). You have the option to either embark on a picturesque drive or take a scenic flight, both offering unique perspectives of Nepal's diverse landscapes. Whether you choose to soar through the skies or traverse the winding roads, this leg of your Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour promises to be a memorable part of your adventure.
Accomodation: Tharu Lodge
Immerse yourself in the heart of the wild with a full day of thrilling jungle exploration. You have the choice of a majestic Elephant Back Ride or an exhilarating Jeep Drive through the pristine wilderness of Chitwan National Park. This adventure-packed day promises close encounters with diverse wildlife, including rhinos, tigers, and countless bird species, all while you soak in the natural beauty of Nepal's lush jungles. Choose your preferred mode of exploration and get ready for an unforgettable safari experience in Chitwan.
Accomodation: Tharu Community Lodge
Bid farewell to the enchanting landscapes of Chitwan as we journey back to the vibrant city of Kathmandu. You have the option to either embark on a scenic drive or take a convenient flight, each offering its own unique perspective of Nepal's diverse terrain. As you make your way back to Kathmandu, take in the final glimpses of the natural beauty that has enriched your Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour.
As your unforgettable Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour comes to a close, it's time to prepare for your final departure. We trust that the memories of your adventures in Nepal will stay with you for a lifetime.
Our team will assist you with all necessary arrangements for your departure, including transportation to Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. We hope you had an enriching and rewarding experience exploring the cultural treasures and natural wonders of Nepal.
As you head home or continue your journey to other destinations, we extend our warmest wishes for safe travels and hope to welcome you back to Nepal in the future. Thank you for choosing our tour package, and we look forward to serving you again on your next adventure.
The Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour Package offers an immersive journey through the captivating cultural and natural wonders of Nepal. It encompasses a visit to the vibrant city of Kathmandu, where you can explore historic sites and ancient temples while immersing yourself in the rich tapestry of the Kathmandu Valley's culture. Additionally, this package includes a remarkable expedition to Chitwan National Park, renowned for its lush biodiversity, where you may encounter magnificent wildlife like rhinos, tigers, and elephants.
This comprehensive tour features guided explorations of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu, including Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, the iconic Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple), and the sacred Pashupatinath Temple. It also offers the awe-inspiring experience of a mountain flight, providing breathtaking views of the Himalayan mountain range, with the iconic Mount Everest as its centerpiece. In Chitwan, you'll have the thrilling choice between an Elephant Back Ride or a Jeep Drive for a full day of adventure in the heart of the jungle, complete with opportunities to observe wildlife and delve into the natural beauty of this region. Throughout the journey, enjoy comfortable accommodations, delicious daily meals, cultural interactions, expert guides, and the convenience of permits and entrance fees, ensuring a seamless and enriching travel experience. Keep in mind that specific tour details may vary depending on your chosen tour operator and package selection, so it's advisable to review the provided itinerary for precise inclusions and duration.
Booking the Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour Package is easy with these steps:
1. Research & Choose: Find a reputable tour operator offering the package that suits your preferences and budget.
2. Visit the Website: Explore the operator's website for package details, itineraries, and pricing.
3. Review Details: Carefully examine the tour's itinerary, inclusions, exclusions, and optional activities.
4. Contact the Operator: Get in touch using provided contact information to ask questions and seek clarifications.
5. Book & Pay: Once satisfied, follow the operator's guidance to book the tour and make payment.
6. Consider Travel Insurance: It's wise to purchase travel insurance to cover unexpected events.
7. Check Visa Requirements: Verify if you need a tourist visa for Nepal and make necessary arrangements.
8. Receive Confirmation: Expect a booking confirmation, itinerary, and pre-departure info from the operator.
9. Prepare for the Trip: Pack accordingly, gather travel documents, and ensure readiness.
10.Enjoy Your Tour: Embark on your Kathmandu-Chitwan adventure and relish Nepal's wonders.
Always read and understand the operator's terms and conditions for a seamless travel experience.
The Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour Package typically has a duration of 6 days. This means that you'll spend six full days exploring the cultural and natural attractions of Kathmandu and Chitwan, immersing yourself in the rich heritage and stunning landscapes of Nepal. The itinerary is designed to provide a comprehensive and memorable experience within this timeframe.
The best time to visit Kathmandu and Chitwan depends on your preferences:
For a well-rounded experience, consider spring or autumn, but choose based on your interests and activities.
During the Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour, you can typically expect comfortable accommodations, which may include well-appointed hotels in Kathmandu and lodges or resorts in Chitwan. These accommodations are chosen to provide a pleasant and relaxing stay, allowing you to recharge after your day's adventures. The specific properties and their amenities can vary depending on the tour operator and package, so it's advisable to review the detailed itinerary for precise accommodation details.
Yes, many tour operators offering the Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour Package allow for itinerary customization and the addition of extra activities to tailor your experience to your preferences. You can often work with the tour operator to make adjustments such as extending your stay, including specific cultural experiences, or adding adventure activities. Customization options may vary depending on the operator, so it's best to discuss your preferences and requirements directly with them to create a personalized itinerary that suits your interests and needs.
The specific inclusions in the Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour Package can vary depending on the tour operator and the package you choose. However, here are common elements typically included in the package cost:
1. Accommodation: Comfortable lodging in hotels, lodges, or resorts in Kathmandu and Chitwan.
2. Airport Transfers: Airport pickup and drop-off services for your convenience.
3. Sightseeing Tours: Guided tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu, including Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple), and Pashupatinath Temple.
4. Mountain Flight: A scenic flight offering breathtaking views of the Himalayan mountain range, including Mount Everest.
5. Full Day Jungle Safari: Choice between an Elephant Back Ride or a Jeep Drive for wildlife viewing and jungle exploration in Chitwan National Park.
6. Meals: Daily meals, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner, during your stay in Chitwan.
7. Cultural Experiences: Opportunities to engage with the local culture, witness religious rituals, and enjoy cultural shows.
8. Transportation: Ground transportation or flight options for traveling between Kathmandu and Chitwan.
9. Professional Guides: Knowledgeable and experienced guides to enhance your tour experience.
10. Permits and Entrance Fees: All necessary permits and entrance fees for the mentioned attractions and activities.
It's essential to review the specific itinerary and terms provided by your chosen tour operator to have a clear understanding of what is included in the Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour Package. Additionally, some operators may offer variations of the package with different inclusions, so you can select the one that best suits your preferences and budget.
Yes, there may be additional costs or fees not included in the package, and these can vary based on the tour operator and specific package. Common additional costs to consider may include:
1. International Airfare: The cost of your flights to and from Nepal is typically not included in the package.
2. Visa Fees: Fees for obtaining a Nepalese tourist visa upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport.
3. Travel Insurance: While recommended, travel insurance for unexpected events like trip cancellations, medical emergencies, or baggage loss is usually not included.
4. Personal Expenses: Any expenses of a personal nature, such as additional meals, beverages, souvenirs, and optional activities not mentioned in the package.
5. Tips and Gratuities: Tipping your guides, drivers, and staff is customary in Nepal and is not typically included in the package cost.
6. Optional Activities: Any activities or excursions not specified in the itinerary as included.
It's essential to thoroughly review the package details and terms provided by your selected tour operator to understand the full scope of costs and fees associated with your Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour. This will help you plan your budget accordingly and ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip.
Yes, you generally need a visa to visit Nepal as an international traveler. Nepalese tourist visas are typically not included in the package cost. Travelers can obtain a tourist visa upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu or at various land border crossings if arriving overland.
The visa fee and requirements can vary based on your nationality and the duration of your stay. It's essential to check the visa requirements for your specific circumstances and be prepared to pay the visa fee upon arrival in Nepal. Some tour operators may assist with visa processing as part of the package, but this should be confirmed with your chosen tour provider.
Travel insurance is highly recommended for the Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour but is typically not a mandatory requirement. While not required, having travel insurance provides essential coverage for unexpected events such as trip cancellations, medical emergencies, baggage loss, and other travel-related issues. It offers peace of mind and financial protection during your journey. It's advisable to purchase comprehensive travel insurance independently to ensure you are adequately covered during your trip.
The modes of transportation during the Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour may include the following:
1. Ground Transportation: Comfortable vehicles for overland travel between Kathmandu and Chitwan. This can include buses, vans, or cars, depending on the package.
2. Domestic Flights: Some tour packages may offer the option of a domestic flight between Kathmandu and Chitwan, providing a quicker and scenic mode of transportation.
The choice of transportation can vary depending on the specific package and tour operator. It's advisable to check the details provided by your chosen tour provider for the transportation options available in your selected package.
The Kathmandu-Chitwan Tour is generally suitable for a wide range of age groups and fitness levels. However, it's essential to consider specific activities within the tour, such as jungle safaris, which may involve walking or riding in vehicles. Some activities may have physical demands, but alternatives are often available to accommodate different fitness levels. It's advisable to discuss any specific concerns or physical limitations with your tour operator to ensure the tour can be tailored to your needs and preferences.
During the jungle safari in Chitwan, you can expect to see a variety of wildlife, including:
1. One-Horned Rhinoceros: Chitwan is renowned for its successful rhinoceros conservation efforts, and you have a good chance of spotting these majestic creatures.
2. Bengal Tigers: While more elusive, Chitwan is home to Bengal tigers, and lucky visitors may catch a glimpse of these elusive big cats.
3. Wild Elephants: Chitwan is also known for its population of wild elephants, and they can often be seen during jungle safaris.
4. Sloth Bears: Sloth bears are another species found in Chitwan's jungles, though they are rarer to spot.
5. Various Bird Species: Chitwan National Park is a birdwatcher's paradise, with numerous bird species, including herons, kingfishers, and storks.
6. Deer and Antelope: Spotted and sambar deer, as well as various antelope species, are commonly seen in the park.
Your chances of wildlife sightings may vary, but guided jungle safaris increase your opportunities to observe these fascinating creatures in their natural habitat.
Yes, you can typically extend your stay in Kathmandu or Chitwan after the tour ends. Many tour operators offer the flexibility to arrange additional nights of accommodation and activities if you wish to explore these destinations further. You can discuss your post-tour plans with your tour operator to make the necessary arrangements for an extended stay.
COVID-19 safety measures for the tour can vary depending on the prevailing conditions and local regulations. Common safety measures may include:
1. Mask and Distancing: Required mask usage and social distancing in group settings.
2. Sanitization: Frequent sanitization of vehicles, accommodations, and common areas.
3. Health Screening: Temperature checks and health screenings for participants and staff.
4. Limited Group Sizes: Smaller tour groups to facilitate distancing.
5. Flexible Booking: Flexible booking and cancellation policies to accommodate changing circumstances.
6. Local Guidelines: Adherence to local COVID-19 guidelines and regulations.
It's advisable to check with your tour operator for specific COVID-19 safety protocols and requirements in place during your travel dates, as these may evolve over time.
Dear Lekha, Namaste (or as we say in Australia, G'day) I don't know whether you remember me but my girlfriend, Majella, and I organized a trip with you to Pokhara and to the Chitwan National Park ahout 2 years ago. We have a mutual friend, Karen, and I passed on some gifts to her from you. I hope that you and your family are well and that your business is prospering. I am coming back to your beautiful country in December this year to do the Everest Base Camp trek.
|Activity:||Sightseeing / Cultural Tour|
|Transportation:||Private Bus / Flight|